Wheelbarrow For Transporting Hay For Your Alpacas
In the country or in the garden for productive work, you need to quickly and accurately move inventory, equipment, various items. Here a garden wheelbarrow comes to the rescue, which, due to its mobility and carrying capacity, greatly simplifies the task.
The structure of a garden cart
A garden wheelbarrow, like a construction cart, consists of wheels, a body, handles, a common frame. Do not give preference to more sophisticated models, do not forget: the main task of this type of equipment is to transport materials. Let’s dwell on each component of the cart:
- Wheels more often include a rubber tire and a metal disc. Special attention should be paid to this component of the cart. Rinse and lubricate the wheels constantly so that they last as long as possible.
- The body is the “core” of any cart. It is in it that the materials are transported. Do not flirt with the volume: it can reduce mobility, carrier patency in general.
- Pens represent the conductor of man and technology directly. Tips should be comfortable, rubberized and, most importantly, not too long, thin.
- A frame is a set of bolts, metal pipes connecting the previous components. Here, stainless steel or the use of aluminum alloys is welcome.
Already at the familiarization stage two questions arise: what types of carriers are there, what are the features of the models.
Types of Garden Wheelbarrows
To begin with, we reveal that carts are classified according to three main characteristics, including various positions.
Body – its shape and material
At first glance, it may seem that all bodies are identical or, at least, do not have clearly visible. This is not entirely true. Manufacturers have long agreed that the most effective are three types of body:
- rectangle with smooth corners;
- trapezoid, tapering to the bottom;
- quadrangle with an oval bottom.
Each of the varieties does not affect the work process. In practice, metal alloys or wood are more often used. The second option is more suitable to complement the interior, but not for long work.
Metals are different. It is advisable to buy stainless steel carts. Other materials, such as plastics, are also used in everyday life. However, it is fragile; such a carrier will not even serve the owner for two or three months.
It’s easier here. There are two types of wheelbarrows:
The second – lifting, heavy, bulky. Garden “carriers” are famous for mobility, but less stability.
Number of wheels
One-wheeled and two-wheeled garden carts are more common. There are simply no drastic differences, but let’s look at each view in more detail.
- unicycle – maneuverable; are used in gardens, fields, where the paths for movement are narrow. But there is a clear minus: poor stability on an inhomogeneous surface;
- two-wheeled win on uneven terrain. This type of equipment is suitable for girls: cargo is transported more easily. The negative point is less convenient control compared to unicycle.
How to choose a cart and what to pay attention to?
In the market in the public domain a huge range of equipment for the garden. You will find scoops, secateurs, shoulder blades, rakes, sickles and landing cones. These tools are cheap, small in size, of the same type, so there are usually no problems with a choice.
Things are different with wheelbarrows. After all, these devices are expensive, bulky, designed for a long service. Therefore, when buying universal “carriers” you need to be especially vigilant. The following parameters are important:
- carrying capacity; a characteristic common and reevaluated at the same time. The law of proportionality applies here: the more the load weighs, the more difficult it is to move. But, as mentioned above, the owners of garden carts are women, so that peak load capacity (optimal from 45 to 100 kg) is not even used halfway.
- dimension; here the question is of an exceptional technical plan: can your cart fit corny into a garage or squeeze through trees and bushes;
- wheels ease of use depends on the parameter. The larger the diameter, the width of the wheels, the stronger the carrier is on the ground. Take this parameter seriously if you buy a one-wheeled cart;
- handles; “Limbs” of the cart should be comfortable. Pay attention to the thickness: too thin ones run the risk of breaking during the work, and too thick ones are hard to take – the hands will quickly get tired. Handles should be rubberized for better grip; too long are not welcome: thereby increasing the size of the carrier, which will interfere with the work with plants;
- body volume; the indicator is doubtful, overrated, as well as carrying capacity. Manufacturers strive to put impressive numbers on the billboard, thereby attracting and attracting customers. The problem is that different materials behave in the body in their own way: you can drive a wheelbarrow to the top with the earth, and flower pots will fit an equal amount regardless of the capacity of the body; branches completely leave spaces between each other.
Appearance and other selection parameters are subjective. Each acts on the basis of their own tastes.
Wheelbarrow plays an important role in the economy, garden plot. This tool can greatly simplify work in the garden.